Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Organic Church

Neil Cole writing about a church his daughter started with a group of high school friends:

"After the church had been meeting for several months, I met with these students and we all sang praises to the Lord. I felt the Lord's pleasure. I asked the students what was the biggest church they had ever been to. Living in Southern California there are many options of megachurches, and a number of churches were mentioned, ranging in size from two thousand attendees to more than fifteen thousand.
I then told them that I think Satan is more intimidated by this little church of fifteen high school kids than by any of those Godzilla-sized churches. They all sort of chuckled and looked around the room at one another with smiles.
I showed them why I thought this way: 'How many of you think you could start a church like one of those megachurches?' No one raised a hand. I asked, 'How many of you think you could start a church like this one? and all raised their hands. I asked them to look around the room at all the raised hands, and I said with a newfound soberness, 'I assure you, Satan is terrified by this.'"

~Neil Cole, Organic Church








It's revolutionary.

No comments: